Photo of the legal professionals at Vocelle & Berg, LLP

Hold Drunk Drivers Accountable With A Civil Lawsuit

Driving while drunk is a crime in Florida. When a drunk person gets behind the wheel and causes an accident, they will almost always face criminal penalties. For the victim of that accident, though, criminal penalties do little to compensate them for their injuries and losses.

If a drunk driver hits you, our drunk driving lawyers at Vocelle & Berg, LLP, are here to help you navigate the civil system and recover the compensation that you deserve. Whether you were acting as another motorist, a pedestrian, a cyclist or a motorcyclist at the time of the crash, Vocelle & Berg, LLP, believes that you should receive full compensation for your losses.

After A Drunk Driving Accident, Who Is Liable?

Florida’s law requires all drivers involved in an accident to file a claim with their own insurance company after a motor vehicle crash, regardless of fault. Car accident victims cannot file a claim against the other driver unless the accident caused a serious injury involving permanent scarring, disfigurement, permanent loss of a bodily function or wrongful death.

If you have suffered injuries that meet Florida’s serious injury threshold, then you can file a lawsuit against the drunk driver or their insurance company. To recover compensation, you will need to prove negligence and fault. You will also need to prove that you have suffered damages because of the crash. Medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering and disability are all examples of damages for which you may seek compensation.

Filing A Claim Against A Negligent Drunk Driver In Florida

Our attorneys will investigate your accident and help you understand your options for compensation. These could include:

  • Filing a claim under your own PIP coverage
  • Filing a claim with the drunk driver’s insurance
  • Filing a lawsuit

We will put your needs first throughout the entire process and advocate for you in a way that is both aggressive and compassionate.

Talk With Us In A Free Consultation

Our lawyers are ready to hear from you. Please contact us today online or by phone to schedule your free consultation with one of our double-board-certified attorneys. To get your free consultation, call 772-562-8111 or send our firm an email.

Pin It on Pinterest